Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 stage op amp with PMOS inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherlock176

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
for gpdk180nm uncox=400u and upcox=70u
Vtn= 470mV and Vtp=450mv

Please guide me through calculations for how to design of 2 stage opamp with specs as

Vdd=1.8V, Cc=800fF, Gain = 50-60dB?

If you have no specs of min. bandwidth / max. power consumption, you could follow this Jespers MOS-AK workshop example, slides 41 .. 51.

Your threshold data aren't used in this gm-over-Id methodology run, however. These could slightly change the received values in the real design.

for gpdk180nm uncox=400u and upcox=70u
Vtn= 470mV and Vtp=450mv

Please guide me through calculations for how to design of 2 stage opamp with specs as

Vdd=1.8V, Cc=800fF, Gain = 50-60dB?

I think that with 1-2 page, it's hard to explain and guide designing opamp . You should refer to CMOS analog circuit design book (author: Allen, Holberg). They wrote in detail and step by step to design the 2 stage opamp. If you don't have much time, let focus on the chapter 5,6,7 in that book.
Good luck!

One possibility:
For the first stage, consider using a folded cascode topology (with PMOS inputs) to get high gain with good voltage headroom. For the second stage, use a topology for low output impedance and good swing - eg a common-source stage with active load.

You may want to consult a good analog IC design book (such as Razavi's) which will provide more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back