Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed mos switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodame123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am trying to design a high speed mos switch for around 8-10gbps serial data(wired communication application). I am at present having not many ideas on how to go forward. I need some bandwidth improvement techniques which don't consume much area. I have read about t-coil inductive peaking,but I have lot many similar switches in my design,that it takes up large area.
Please suggest few ideas on how to go forward.Any papers on the switch architectures would be really helpful.

Begin with the basics. Do you mean switch, like an
RF / analog switch, where you already have the
drivers and the summing point and only want to
steer, or do you mean switch for two digital lines
that acts like a logic multiplexer? Fundamental
topology choices. Is this a 100-ohm differential
system throughout, or are you intending to also
transform impedance at some point (like higher-Z
on chip signals that need also to be gained up to
drive off chip)?

Hi all,
I am trying to design a high speed mos switch for around 8-10gbps serial data(wired communication application). I am at present having not many ideas on how to go forward. I need some bandwidth improvement techniques which don't consume much area. I have read about t-coil inductive peaking,but I have lot many similar switches in my design,that it takes up large area.
Please suggest few ideas on how to go forward.Any papers on the switch architectures would be really helpful.

Please look at "www.hittite.com". They offer fast logic ICs, I used their fast comparators as pulse formers or switches for Gbps stream.

It is an RF/analog switch,I am trying to design. Yes it is just a serial link for around 8-10gbps with 50ohm termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back