Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is this Electronic Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOMACOAL

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to know what it is : L02
I'm leaving you with a picture:

FORO.jpg

Thanks.

Hi

I think it is upside down in the image so could be 207.

Hi,

It is possible, but the value of the resistor would be of 200.000.000 Ohm, right?

Certainly possible to be 200MΩ. My supplier lists SMD resistors up to 50GΩ.

Ok, I am going to look for the resistor of 200M.
We are in contact.
Regards.

NOT a Very Standard Value.
SMT parts tend to be the same as Standard Resistors.
Up to 22M is common.

Past that 22M, usually they are Special Order.

First CAREFULLY Remove it and try to test it's Value.

Hi,

I have removed the resistor, but it does not measure nothing.
The maximum range of my Checker of Electrical Resistor is of 200M, but the resistor does not measure.
I don't know what to do....

I never said anything but I thought that might be the case. For one thing the part looks different. That border around the part, makes me supicious, but I couldn't find a match with some other part. I was thinking it might be some cap.

I never said anything but I thought that might be the case. For one thing the part looks different. That border around the part, makes me supicious, but I couldn't find a match with some other part. I was thinking it might be some cap.

Hi,

Here's where I get confused, and I'm hoping that you can help me out.
Thank you for your answer, but I cannot say I am happy with it.

Regards.

What does a capacitance measurement say?

Hi,

Awwww, I got excited for a second: I've been keen to find out what the component actually is, JOMACOAL, I'm being serious not sarcastic. Started thinking it might be a 20uF cap that looks like a resistor from recent posts.

As you said DMM measured nothing, was that "infinity" or "nothing"? Big difference.
Long-winded idea that is possibly a waste of time and perhaps not worth time and effort invested: how about de-soldering it with care and placing it in parallel with a known much lower value resistor, then measuring, and extrapolating value from parallel value calculation in reverse?

Or even not de-soldering if you can see that all 4 resistors are in parallel on the circuit board and it's safe to measure?

If it were a 200M resistor, in parallel with a 1M it would give a value of approximately 995kOhms.

Is there any possibility you can draw out the circuit and where that mystery component resides? Also there is nothing in the picture to give any indication of the package size are these 0603, or something smaller e.g. 0402? From what it looks like the circuit is pretty simple, so knowing the circuit might give clues to what the component has to be.

It looks like the L02/207 part is in series with the 106 resistor, which would kind of imply that the part isn't a resistor.

Hi,

Awwww, I got excited for a second: I've been keen to find out what the component actually is, JOMACOAL, I'm being serious not sarcastic. Started thinking it might be a 20uF cap that looks like a resistor from recent posts.

As you said DMM measured nothing, was that "infinity" or "nothing"? Big difference.
Long-winded idea that is possibly a waste of time and perhaps not worth time and effort invested: how about de-soldering it with care and placing it in parallel with a known much lower value resistor, then measuring, and extrapolating value from parallel value calculation in reverse?

Or even not de-soldering if you can see that all 4 resistors are in parallel on the circuit board and it's safe to measure?

If it were a 200M resistor, in parallel with a 1M it would give a value of approximately 995kOhms.

Hi d123,

The measurement was nothing, anyway, I will do what you say and I will answer you.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any possibility you can draw out the circuit and where that mystery component resides? Also there is nothing in the picture to give any indication of the package size are these 0603, or something smaller e.g. 0402? From what it looks like the circuit is pretty simple, so knowing the circuit might give clues to what the component has to be.

It looks like the L02/207 part is in series with the 106 resistor, which would kind of imply that the part isn't a resistor.

Hi ads-ee,

Yes, I can draw the circuit, It is very simple.
It is about a Cable Detector.

Regards.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ads-ee,

Yes, I can draw the circuit, It is very simple.
It is about a Cable Detector.

Hi,

I've been trawling the Internet a bit looking for "207" resistors, they do exist but don't seem readily available to buy like a "standard typical" value - in a couple of places range seems to jump from 100M to 400 and/or 500M, or GigaOhm range; and then had a trawl of SMD inductors, in case, but not much luck there either, as some (like multilayer) just look like resistors, but can't find any explicit description of markings, some do have three numbers, some a number a letter and a number, some 4 alpha-numeric code... sorry.

ads-ee may have a very good point as it would be really precise to need a a 201 million ohm resistor or a parallel value presumably equally obtainable with much smaller resistors that are easier to find, e.g. a 0.5% 100k could easily be 995k. All the same, reading "nothing" may be how the tester is for over-range. Being embarrassingly simplistic as it's an SMD part: Aren't inductors "L"?

I'm realising from searching, it would be nice for SMD passive component datasheets and catalogues to give some indication as to what you will read ON THE COMPONENT, as helpful as the explanations are of "L3524YUTxxJ is Series + value + tolerance + manufacturing country + week + year" it is not a great way of identifying three figures written on "grains of rice" once on a circuit. Some SMD parts do, like the ICs that the datasheet explicitly says "Marking code: WF", etc.

Do some cable detectors have an oscillator (to be in tune with the other half of the device and not locate wrong cable)? I think they do, don't they.

Mystery component. If you find out, please let us know.

Hi,

I've been trawling the Internet a bit looking for "207" resistors, they do exist but don't seem readily available to buy like a "standard typical" value - in a couple of places range seems to jump from 100M to 400 and/or 500M, or GigaOhm range; and then had a trawl of SMD inductors, in case, but not much luck there either, as some (like multilayer) just look like resistors, but can't find any explicit description of markings, some do have three numbers, some a number a letter and a number, some 4 alpha-numeric code... sorry.

ads-ee may have a very good point as it would be really precise to need a a 201 million ohm resistor or a parallel value presumably equally obtainable with much smaller resistors that are easier to find, e.g. a 0.5% 100k could easily be 995k. All the same, reading "nothing" may be how the tester is for over-range. Being embarrassingly simplistic as it's an SMD part: Aren't inductors "L"?

I'm realising from searching, it would be nice for SMD passive component datasheets and catalogues to give some indication as to what you will read ON THE COMPONENT, as helpful as the explanations are of "L3524YUTxxJ is Series + value + tolerance + manufacturing country + week + year" it is not a great way of identifying three figures written on "grains of rice" once on a circuit. Some SMD parts do, like the ICs that the datasheet explicitly says "Marking code: WF", etc.

Do some cable detectors have an oscillator (to be in tune with the other half of the device and not locate wrong cable)? I think they do, don't they.

Mystery component. If you find out, please let us know.

Hi,

I agree with you.
I know, because I was once looking for the same thing, but I could not find it.

Do not worry, because I'll let you know.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.