Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read data from L&T Meter EM101+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to read data from L&T EM101+. I have optical probe to communicate with it.
The protocol used to read data from the meter is IEC1107(IEC60117/IEC65026).

From some documents and websites, I have got certain message sequence to communicate with a IEC 1107 supported meter. I tried to communicate with it using those messages. But i didn't get any response from the meter.

I have read that the request message is send at first to get the identification of the meter.
Request : /?!\r\n (Hex: 2f 3f 21 0d 0a)

I have send the request to meter. But there is no response.

Does anyone know how to read data from L&T EM101+?

Does the meter display any status message, to indicate it has received communication? Or sending communication. I have never used this type of meter so all I can think of are general questions.

You'll need to test any commands, in an effort to find anything that works. Start with the most basic commands. Watch for any sign that you achieved contact.

Hi ,

what request you are sending to the meter is correct, after sending that request you will receive a serial number. you try to verify the cable connection between your system and meter.and one more thing you should concentrate on baudrate, parity bit and stop bits .

Hi Bharathi,

Serial port settings which I am using is - 300Baud 7Data Bits Even Parity 1Stop bit.
Should I have to configure any flow control?

Ptar

Hi Bharathi,

Serial port settings which I am using is - 300Baud 7Data Bits Even Parity 1Stop bit.
Should I have to configure any flow control?

Ptar

I think Baudrate you have to give 4800, just confirm it

Reactions: ptar

ptar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think Baudrate you have to give 4800, just confirm it
Hi

Thank you Bharathi. Its 4800baud.
Do you know how to parse the data received from meter?
What is H,R,MI,KI... in meter data? Any document available ?

Ptar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back