Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

E-field, H-field Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

oriol14

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is to simulate a lightning strike on an underground cable and my professor asked me to plot E-field and H-field graphs, but I can only plot them in 3D. Any help?

hi oriol14,
in CST, you can plot them in 2D as well.

Can you tell me how?

go to E-Fields and H-Fields simulation results under farfields folder. you will see 3D plot of E-field and H-field. right click on the E-field and H-field 3D plot and select E-field plot properties and H-field plot properties respectively. under general tap, choose plot type you want, eg. polar, cartesian or 2D.

It sounds like you'd want near-field instead of far-field though. If the problem is a cable of concentric circles, draw a measurement curve to evaluate fields on the line after simulation is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back