Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to detect human moving using background subtraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

emvodoithu12

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys!!..

can anyone teach me how to detection human moving in matlab??

i detected the blobs in scene but i don't know how to detect the human among them

Thank alot...

p/s: sorry for my english!

It might help to think how you would describe a moving human, in terms of geometric shapes. Start with the scene as represented by a grid of pixels. A human generally is a tall rectangular mass of pixels.

The head is a smaller oval mass, at the top of the body. Face and hair are often different colors.

Arms are long rods, which pivot at the shoulder and elbow. Etc.

A moving human usually has moving legs. These are easier to spot when looking from the side.

The shapes can be picked out more easily if the background is a solid color, and different hue from the subject.

Software which can do this needs to be sophisticated. I picture it needing a long and complicated algorithm. There are companies which have done this with a measure of success. They need to charge money for their efforts. I do not think they will share their algorithm for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back