Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Reverb with RCA in & out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSunJ

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone I was wondering how I can make a RCA in -> .wav reverb on an IC -> RCA out project. Can someone teach me how to make a simple one ? I'm pretty sure I know how to improve the design, but I am absolutely clueless on where to start.

I believe, having RCA connectors isn't the actual problem, could be 6.3 mm audio jack or XLR as well?

Recent digital reverbs are using high performance DSP chips, they can produce almost any popular audio effect by respective programming.

I presume you know what natural reverb is, a superposition of many signal echos with random delay. In the analog audio production age, it was generated by actual "reverberation rooms", with moderate quality by large steel sheets with random distributed bumps, less perfectly by multiple delay springs (as used in reverb unit of some guitar amps).

Digital delay effects are generating multiple echos in digital signal processing, superimposing them and adding an adjustable feedback for regeneration.

Last edited:

I played with a MN3002 IC purchased at Radio Shack years ago. I got it working in a simple circuit. However its output deteriorated as the input frequency rose.

Then the SAD1024 came out. It had more bucket-brigade units. Upgraded versions of these IC's have come out, with greater ability (example MN3007).

If you want a software program to add reverb, you can do so in Audacity. It's popular and free. It reads wav files and many other audio formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.