Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CRT TV Hitachi problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangten

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I'am a newbie here. And need someone to help me.
i have a problem with CRT TV hitachi model: C20-P602 EXR.
The problem is when is press switch AC on i saw the horizontal line on the CRT
around 5 second then transistor hor out is gone. Can you share me the service manual of this model?

Thank in advance.:cry:
Sorakrai

Sounds like a tv I tried to fix. Screen showed a horizontal (vertical?) line. I read a diagnostic chart which led me to a bad horizontal output transistor. I went to Radio Shack and purchased a generic replacement (labelled 'horizontal output transistor'). I installed it.

It worked. I was happy. In a day or two it burned out. Disappointed, I took the tv to a local repairman. He said it required a more robust transistor than my Radio Shack part (or even the original part). So he installed a part which worked and didn't burn out.

What this adds up to is, I think he ignored the original specs, ignored the service manual, and installed a TO-3 transistor with very robust specs.

Did you see a horizontal line or a vertical line? A horizontal line means a problem in the vertical drive circuit. Are you sure the hor out transistor shorted or did it just turn off? A failure in the vertical drive causing a line will shut off the hor out to prevent burning the phosphor in the crt tube. If you saw a vertical line then there is another fault in the horizontal drive circuit causing the transistor to fail.

Larry G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back