Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2110 Simulation in LTSpice problem - Doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reb20

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the following circuit but it doesn't work. The Low Output "V(LO)-V(VSS)" is always 0.
I've been working on this for a couple of days but I haven't been able to find a solution.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IR2110 simulation.JPG
    IR2110 simulation.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 119

Your schematic appears to be a buck converter. The supply is bipolar, yet that may be unnecessary.

There are basic buck converters which have a diode where you have M2. Normally the diode points upward. However current will want to flow down from your output stage during the last half of the cycle (I think).

What direction do you expect current to flow when M2 turns on?

I am looking through the menu of LTSpice examples. I do not see a buck converter, nor the IR2110. It might help if you were to find a simple buck converter circuit to start out with.

Try grounding "COM" pin.

yes the grounded mid supply looks unusual for a buck, the 8 ohm load ...is this supposed to be a speaker for audio? Are you trying to simulate class d amplifier? Youd have to post the model statement etc so we can simulate it and see what you mean.

it will never work till both L_in & H_in have a suitable signal
the H_in is connected to Vss it is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back