Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Impedance matching Microstrip line. Lumped or Wave port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

and7

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a feeding network for an antenna array. And at the moment I am trying to obtain the Impedance of my microstrip line converted from the S-parameters. And from what I know the waveport would get me this. While the lumped port will use user defined Imperdance for scattering matrix calculations. But my ports are inside the substrate. And I can only use waveports in the edges. And the lumped ports can be used inside the substrate. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Andres

If you have a certain value of impedance that you must meet, for example 50 ohms, define your lumped ports impedance as = 50 ohms and change your line dimension to have S11 closest to the center of the smith chart. when your S11 real part is too close to 1 and its im is too close to zero that will mean than your impedance line is matched to the 50 ohms port. Thats a method than you can follow if you tolerate changing your feeding network dimensions and if u know what impedance you should have for your line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back