Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller output high and low

Status
Not open for further replies.

dann11

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does the microcontroller output varies only between high and low? ex. high means 5V and low means 0V? Thanks in advance..

Hi,

The answer you find in the datasheet.

We don't know microcontroller type, nor it's periferals, nor it's supply voltage, not the load current at the IO....
So it is impossible for us to give a good answer.

Klaus

Hi,

The answer you find in the datasheet.

We don't know microcontroller type, nor it's periferals, nor it's supply voltage, not the load current at the IO....
So it is impossible for us to give a good answer.

I am using XE161XL, and it have so many parametric values and not quite familiar with those.. its kinda hard for me to identify which might be my voltage and current output once the microcontroller output terminal is high or low..

Hi,

either me or you has to read the datasheet. I prefer that you read it. ;-)

From your first post i assume VCC = 5V.
Usually there are shortcuts. (open the datasheet as pdf, go to the "electrical operating specifications" section.)

Do a search on:
V_OL = Voltage output low
V_OH = Voltage output high
I_OL = output sink current
I_OH = output source current

..and read the "test parameters" to the specified values.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.