Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra low power SRAM, 28nm process operate at 2GHz, active current only 2mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wartwo123

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My friend told me, he designs an ultra low power SRAM, 28nm process operate at 2GHz, active current only 2mA.

The memory size is 8k bytes. Operating power is 1.0 V.

Is it possible?

In my memory, the current is over 20mA in exist memory technology.

It seems impossible.

Anyone give opinion?

Hi,

I think it is not impossible. Here is a thesis that is based on ultra low power SRAM design: https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/53305 In that study main idea was first reducing leakage currents which consequently makes possible for designing with very low supply voltages (~0.3V). Another study that I saw was named as "A low-power SRAM design using quiet-bitline architecture" which can be found in IEEE Xplore, they have obtained 1.3-1.5 mA current rates for a 2kb SRAMs. So I think your assumption 20mA is too high when compared to these designs.

Hi,

I think it is not impossible. Here is a thesis that is based on ultra low power SRAM design: https://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/53305 In that study main idea was first reducing leakage currents which consequently makes possible for designing with very low supply voltages (~0.3V). Another study that I saw was named as "A low-power SRAM design using quiet-bitline architecture" which can be found in IEEE Xplore, they have obtained 1.3-1.5 mA current rates for a 2kb SRAMs. So I think your assumption 20mA is too high when compared to these designs.

Hi kpc,

Thanks a lot for reply.

But your assumption is based on supply voltage is 0.3V.

And my assumption is based on supply voltage is 1.0V.

So could you tell me when supply voltage is 1.0V, the current is 20mA ??

Regard,
wartwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back