+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 1
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

[Moved] Help identifying this IC

Hello fellow Hobbyists,

some days ago some magic smoke came out my SSD, at first glance I thought that was just the glue of a resistor getting hot. I got proven wrong, as I rebooted it didn't recognistse the drive ananymore. An important side note might be that the SATA Data connection still picked up the SSD, it just didn't had power to run I guess, which is why i disassembled the drive and see, a blown IC.

Something must had badly gone wrong with the input 12V/5V... I think the Chip is some sort of Buck Converter but I am not sure at all. As for my research, it could be a Chip from Linear Technology, yet I couldnt find any datasheets nor a specific part number.
    The chip itself is some sort of SMD package, 10 pin. I'm not into SMD parts, sorry.

It says on the Chip:
    LBFB
    N088
    14X (it's blown here, as this is only the date code, I guess it doesn't matter that much.)
    Attachment 123004
    (Don't ask me why it turned the picture around...)

Best answer would be, whats the ICs real part number, manufacturer (if I'm wrong with LT...) and where I can get low quantities of it.

Thanks a lot and happy searching... I've spent about 10 hours in searching for the manufacturer...

Edit: removed subforum notice.
    Last edited by iamleet; 8th November 2015 at 21:44.

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3248 / 3248
    Level

Re: [Moved] Help identifying this IC

Hi,

Look for a dual switch mode regulator chip.

Klaus

--[[ ]]--