Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Help identifying this IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamleet

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello fellow Hobbyists,

some days ago some magic smoke came out my SSD, at first glance I thought that was just the glue of a resistor getting hot. I got proven wrong, as I rebooted it didn't recognistse the drive ananymore. An important side note might be that the SATA Data connection still picked up the SSD, it just didn't had power to run I guess, which is why i disassembled the drive and see, a blown IC.

Something must had badly gone wrong with the input 12V/5V... I think the Chip is some sort of Buck Converter but I am not sure at all. As for my research, it could be a Chip from Linear Technology, yet I couldnt find any datasheets nor a specific part number.
The chip itself is some sort of SMD package, 10 pin. I'm not into SMD parts, sorry.

It says on the Chip:
LBFB
N088
14X (it's blown here, as this is only the date code, I guess it doesn't matter that much.)
**broken link removed**
(Don't ask me why it turned the picture around...)

Best answer would be, whats the ICs real part number, manufacturer (if I'm wrong with LT...) and where I can get low quantities of it.

Thanks a lot and happy searching... I've spent about 10 hours in searching for the manufacturer...

Edit: removed subforum notice.

Attachments

• 20151108_212916.jpg
    20151108_212916.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Hi,

Look for a dual switch mode regulator chip.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.