Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence ADE transient analysis/behavioral model " design variable" frequency question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydaku

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cadence ADE transient analysis/behavioral model " design variable" frequency question

Hey guys, I was wondering where a design variable "frequency" gets generated in transient analysis in Cadence ADE (spectre) when I do a transient simulation of a set of devices using only behavioral VerilogA models and a Ipulse/current pulse.

All the items in the simulation are behavioral models, and there is no "frequency" variable/paramter explicitly defined anywhere. The models pass a potential nature from a discipline, call it "P", which is the only discipline/nature in this simulation space. There is Ipulse/current pulse(from Cadence library) where the "period" is also a design variable/parameter which is set. Nowhere in the code did I put a "frequency" variable, the only code that is not mine is the Ipulse/current pulse, and the period is set. What is this frequency, and where is it implicitly generated? Thanks for your help.

Re: Cadence ADE transient analysis/behavioral model " design variable" frequency ques

Ah, thanks so much for pointing me to the right place-- greatly appreciated!

Re: Cadence ADE transient analysis/behavioral model " design variable" frequency ques

Actually, panchohideboo, I think my issue(what I'm trying to figure out) is a little different from that link. It is that I DO get a "frequency" design variable- when I run the transient analysis, a group of design variables shows up in the simulator window *needing* to be defined with values, I know what each one of these variables are because I created them in the model, or named them in the parameter settings for the device "frequency" is one of these variables that pops up in the table, needing me to set it to a value.

But nowhere do I see a "frequency" variable defined in the behavioral models and I never named "frequency" as a parameter value name in any of the device blocks to be varied. I'm wondering where this variable is being created, and if frequency isn't a variable you can sweep( according to your response https://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227194040/6#6 ), why does a "frequency" variable appear automatically and what is it/how is it passed along?

But nowhere do I see a "frequency" variable defined in the behavioral models
and I never named "frequency" as a parameter value name in any of the device blocks to be varied.

I'm wondering where this variable is being created,
and if frequency isn't a variable you can sweep( according to your response https://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227194040/6#6 ),

why does a "frequency" variable appear automatically and what is it/how is it passed along?
I understand your problem.
Your problem is that Cadence ADE list up "frequency" from your schematic.
However you don't set "frequency" anywhere.

Show me netlist.

Confirm CDF parameters of all components.

Anyway, describe your environment in detail and correctly.

Last edited:

Ah, trivial error on my part, testbench actually did have "frequency" in one component. Many thanks for the response pancho_hideboo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back