Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in modelsim when manipulating with floating point controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunragavan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys this s the error i get while manuplatin with floating point controller

** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find work.fpu_test.
# ** Error: floating_point_unit_test.vhd(9): Cannot find expanded name: work.fpu_test.
# ** Error: floating_point_unit_test.vhd(9): Unknown record element "fpu_test".
# ** Error: floating_point_unit_test.vhd(11): VHDL Compiler exiting
# ** Error: C:/Modeltech_6.0/win32/vcom failed.

what could be the vissible error .. does this error mean that my fpu_test library s missing..

with regards,

** error: (vcom-11) could not find work.test.

Arun,
It is likely that you have a package named fpu_test that's not yet compiled when you are compiling floating_point_unit_test.vhd file. Can you show us initial 10 lines of file floating_point_unit_test.vhd? Is there a use clause as:

use work.fpu_test.all;

or some thing?

If so, analyse the file that contains fpu_test pkg first. Note that VHDL compilation is order-dependent.

HTH
Aji

modelsim vcom-11

arun it not fpu_test library s missing.. it means that u first compile the unit => fpu_test in the work directory, then do compile other files that has dependecy with fpu_test, u error will be gone

error: (vcom-11) could not find work

Am still getting this error.. as u told i agree to the fact that VHDL is order executive so i did the execution n order i still get the same error

Error: (vcom-11) Could not find pid.fpu_test.
** Error: C:/Modeltech_6.0/examples/pid/floating_point_unit_test.vhd(9): Cannot find expanded name: work.fpu_test.
** Error: C:/Modeltech_6.0/examples/pid/floating_point_unit_test.vhd(9): Unknown record element "fpu_test".
** Error: C:/Modeltech_6.0/examples/pid/floating_point_unit_test.vhd(11): VHDL Compiler exiting

and the first few lines of my test bench is

LIBRARY ieee;
USE ieee.std_logic_1164.ALL;
USE ieee.std_logic_unsigned.ALL;

LIBRARY std;
USE std.textio.ALL;

LIBRARY work;
USE work.fpu_test.ALL;

ENTITY floating_point_unit_test IS
END floating_point_unit_test;

ARCHITECTURE arch OF floating_point_unit_test IS

COMPONENT floating_point_unit
PORT(

here USE work.fpu_test.all is given clearly. but i get the error mentioned above

modelsim use expanded name

check if package fpu_test is in library work.

If so, you can try:

library ieee, std, work;
use ieee....
use ....

cannot find expanded name modelsim

Arun,
Can you show your compile commands for fpu_test file and floating_point_unit_test file? i.e. if you try the following, it should work:

vcom -work work fpu_test.vhdl
vcom -work floating_point_unit_test.vhd

Aji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back