Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Matching a patch antenna: Zin issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

visor

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i'm having some issues with the design of a patch antenna on a Duroid 5880 substrate (2.2 electric constant) thickness=1.575mm, solution frequency 5.8Ghz.
i've computed the following values:

The width of the patch (Wp) is:20.4458mm
The lenght of the patch (Lp) is:16.5008mm
The inset feed point (Fi) is:6.0932mm
The width of the feed line (W0) is:4.8514mm
The lenght of the feed line (L0) is:9.4530mm
The gap of the feed line (Gfl) is:0.11929mm (i got some doubt on this value)
The minimum lenght of the ground plane is:25.9508mm
The minimum width of the ground plane is:29.8958mm
The Zin of the patch is:313.6511ohm

this computation are made in order to obtain a 50ohm matchin but when i plot the report on HFSS doing:
create a new report--->rectangular plot--->terminal Z parameter---> Mag
i'm only able to obtain a |Zin|=35ohm can someone say if my data are right and if not where i'm wrong? what can i do in order to have a good matching at 50 ohm? in order to obtain a better return loss it's a good choice to trim the lenght of the patch?

Trying to be more easy (i'm new on this field and i'm not sure about how to read smith chart) this is the TERMINAL Z PARAMETER Smith Chart of my antenna, is it matched or not?

Nuova immagine bitmap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back