Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in HFSS when simulating a log-periodic dipole antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfkyo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem about HFSS

I use software of HFSS to simulate the log-periodic dipole antenna which has 12 pairs of dipoles.When analying,the window of message manager says that :[error] Initial mesh, process mesh3d : Unable to recover all the surface triangles.I don't know how to solve this problem, so I want someone's help.

Re: problem about HFSS

I have just a comment on using HFSS and is that you must make your structure as simple as possible.
when you consider everything and make a complicated structure, that will take more time and also your computer need more RAM.

Regards

problem about HFSS

I think (as mreza1355 said) you made your structure rather complex, and you may have even created some intersecting 3D objects. try to unite them using boolean\unite.

I think this error appeared while creating the 3d mesh to be used in solving the antenna. so I believe it is mainly due to some mistake in creating the structure.

I hve had the same error before and I have tried the "unite function and it has fixed some things but in some cases Istill got the same error. I contacted the tech support before about this issue and he mentioned to me to change the adaptive freq. to your resonant frequency. THis fixed my problem with this error. I had to fine tune the adaptive frequency.

hi,

please refer to the following post: and my answer

hope this helps

zfkyo said:
I use software of HFSS to simulate the log-periodic dipole antenna which has 12 pairs of dipoles.When analying,the window of message manager says that :[error] Initial mesh, process mesh3d : Unable to recover all the surface triangles.I don't know how to solve this problem, so I want someone's help.

hihi zfkyo, can you tell me how to create the model of LPDA
or , you send it through email is appreciate.
and it is : fanqikai@163.com
Thanks in advance

I met similar problems before,and I solved it through this ways:
1 your antenna is a wideband antenna,so for the solution frequency,you had better choose the middle frequency of the frequency band
2 for the diogue:solution setup,for the tab"advanced",tick "ues the lower order solution" and change the target to about 0.1
3 recommend you to add your RAM to IG

it is a buge of HFSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back