Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peak-Peak detector design with high/low output, noise issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am having a challenging situation with detecting an oscillation on a DC voltage. My DC voltage varies from 0.2V to 3.1V and may have a 90kHz noise of 30mV in normal operation. In some fault situations, noise becomes 100mV with frequency is still 90kHz. I am trying to design some comparator based circuit to generate a high output if peak-peak voltage is more than 70mV.
Please help me if any one have some ideas.

Thanks in Advance;
Umesh

When I watch a DC signal on my oscilloscope, and I want to see how much ripple (or other noise) there is on it, I switch to AC input mode. Then I turn up the gain. This amplifies the trace vertically. Therefore I suggest...

Install a DC blocking capacitor. This will give you the AC portion only. Then amplify as needed.

Thanks for help;
I decided to choose a high pass passive filer to filer out AC components and use a comparative with 60mV reference voltage. If input AC value will go more than 60mV, it will generate a high output. I am only concert about the noise performance for circuit. Is it industry practice to design the circuit to perform for such a low voltage level?

Regards,
Umesh

Status
Not open for further replies.