Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded linux programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaha2014

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends. i want to become a good embedded software enginee. i am familier with 8051 PIC & lpc248 microcontroller . i have done programming in windows. i want to learn embedded linux programming. i an not underdtanding how to start. whether i need to study linux commands or what? pleaseguid me a correct path. in interviews they ask me about linux. but i have done microcontroller programming in windows 7 . so how to learn this programming in linux.

Embedded linux is almost same as "normal" linux. If I may suggest, start with x86 version running under vmware player. That way you can learn how to debug kernel modules (drivers). Download copy of Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, and examples from it.

For getting started i would say buy youself a RaspberryPi. Then follow good blogs like bogotobogo.com / sysplay / derek molloy they are great guys!!
And keep checking EdaBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back