Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit to operate relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

connect0715207

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a relay, which operates at 24v. I want to design a switching circuit to operate the switching operation of relay????

Hi,

so what exactely is your question?

For now we know "relay" and "24V".

We don´t know if this is the coil or contact voltage, nor AC or DC.
Also we don´t know how you want to to control it.

Klaus

Relay is a single pole double throw switch. when a 24V dc is applied, the pole switches to NC pin of relay and for 0V dc it switches back to NO pin of relay. I want to operate this switching action using a transistor.
I want to know the transistor that would solve my purpose ???

Hi,

Coil current?
Transistor input signal?

Klaus

Connect0715207, you are asking a question like "How do I travel from point A to point B" without telling us where 'A' and 'B' are, what is between them and what method of transport you have available. If you were going from Delhi to Gurgaon the answer would be walk, bus, car or train. If you were going from Delhi to NewYork yuor options would be very different.

Relays come in sizes from very small to the size of a building, the method of driving them is very different so we need a lot more information about the relay type and what it's purpose is. We also need to know what power is available to energize it's coil and what signal it is that tells it when to operate or not.

Brian.

But a relay and a transistor work with magic, don't they? They turn on when something gets near them and they turn off when something moves away.

That's only Canadian relays Audioguru, the rest of the world has inferior types that need electricity to work them.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.