Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using external model libraries in ADS netlist command line simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarkate

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I have been struggling with this for a long while and I have tried contacting support several times and I can never get the answers that I want. For the work that I am doing I have to run an ADS simulation on a netlist I created through the command line. I am able to successfully run this simulation and view the results with built in ADS models, however when I use a different companies models for example, Modelithics amplifier models I get the simulation error:
"`HMT_EUD_EGN030MK_MDLXNLT1.C_FET1' is an instance of an undefined model `C_FET8'.

Sample code for my command line:
Code:
set HPEESOF_DIR=c:\ADS\ADS2013_06
set COMPL_DIR=c:\ADS\ADS2013_06
set MDLXNLT1=c:\...\MDLX_NLT_dk_Library (*) Not needed for built in models
set SIMARCH=win32
hpeesofsim -r H:\...\output.log H:\...\netlist.log

Sample of model in my netlist file:
Code:
#uselib "MDLXNLT1" , "HMT_EUD_EGN030MK_MDLXNLT1"
"HMT_EUD_EGN030MK_MDLXNLT1":EGN030MK_1 N__5 N__6 0 TEMP=25

The environmental variables I set:
Code:
'C:\ADS\ADS2013_06\bin';
'C:\ADS\ADS2013_06\adsptolemy\lib.win32';
'C:\ADS\ADS2013_06\lib\win32';

I have attempted adding MDLXNLT1 path to my "ADSlibconfig" file and I get the same error listed above. I guess the main question is how do I properly reference a 3rd party library in a netlist file so that I can get a simulation to converge from the command line. I would appreciate any advice pointing me in the right direction as I feel like I have been banging my head against the wall with this.

I have tried using netlist include in the circuit schematics and I am not sure what I need to include to get the library working.

In Unix environment, only "HPEESOF_DIR" is required to be defined as Envionment Variable.
Try to set it as System Environment Variable in Windows.
Not User Environment Variable.

I have several of the ADS directory sets as system environmental variables which I set in Matlab. I believe I have defined the "HPEESOF_DIR" correctly because I can run simulations on schematics from the command line that only include built in ADS models. The problem I have is when using an external library for built in components I can only run simulations from the ADS window and not from command line like I could with ADS only netlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back