Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibre DRC/LVS error files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nourane Gamal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some DRC errors i can not understand. I was told there are some files that contain an explanation of each DRC/LVS error. could anyone help me know where to find them or how to interpret the errors? the technology i am using is TSMC13rf

Example: OD.DN.3 { @ {OD OR DOD} density across full chip (minimum) >= 25%
DENSITY ALL_OD < 0.25 PRINT OD_DN_3.density
}

That's not an error, that's a design rule check. If the check catches anything, the report will show the text after the @. (The syntax is documented in the Calibre Verification User's Manual, part of the Calibre documentation.) Based on the text the rule check is that the OD or DOD layer has a density across the full chip of at least 25%.

The actual operations inside rely on some layers - are those layers defined in your set up? They might be derived layers - you'll need to look at the SVRF as compiled (that is, with #IFDEF INCLUDEs resolved) to be sure.

You can find it in your run directory, with file name look like: OD.DN.3.density

OD.DN.3 violation, as it says it is a density violation in OD layer. This violation will pop up if you have not inserted Front End dummy patterns. Or check whether you have blocked the regions for dummy patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back