Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crt tv eeprom error please help me and where i will find the that IC in crt tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHIVAKUMAR K

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thanks for your help....... to, so many peoples problem solving this forum, even i have a problem in our crt tv (14'' colour tv) showing the error while switch on the tv "EEPROM ERROR" , I don't know much of electronics i know little bit. please help me what to do ? where i'll find the problem in mother board ? where is the EEPROM IC in tv, pls explain me with picture......

I think you'd better to find a professional to solve the problem.
There are some high voltage In CRT TV main board and CRT.
This is dangerous.
But usually E2PROM is a soc8 package chip to storage channel info or other data closed by CPU. QQ截图20150915213604.jpg

You will have to tell us the TV model number, sometimes the E2PROM is inside another IC.

The error message does not necessarily mean the E2PROM is electrically faulty, it's a memory so it could just mean the data stored inside it has become corrupted.

Brian.

Thanks to all, I got the EEPROM IC, I Replaced with new one with data but still the EEPROM ERROR showing. how to check the voltage in tv using digital multimeter ? how to test voltage in the EEPROM IC ? pls help me

The error is almost certainly not a voltage you could measure with a DMM but an error in the data stored inside the EEPROM. Did you buy the part from the TV manufacturer or is it a generic IC with the same part number? During TV manufacture, the blank EEPROM fitted to the circuit board would be programmed with configuration data specific to that TV model and version, an IC from somewhere else would probably be empty.

Brian.

Thank you sir, I replaced with same IC part number and they said the EEPROM IC is program loaded, but new and old IC is showing same error "EEPROM ERROR" , I think the new IC may be empty, then what is the solution ? I want to buy new programmed EEPROM IC or what to do ? please help me .................

- - - Updated - - -

This is the error i am getting EEPROM ERROR , Please find an image IMG_20151001_214952.jpg

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do. If you knew the data that should be inside the IC you can easily program it yourself but only the original manufacturer would know what information was stored inside it and they would program it while on the production line. It almost certainly holds information on the channels you have stored for your local TV stations but usually they also hold things like the screen size, width and height settings, the menu language and other configuration data.

If you can trace the service manual for the TV it might say there is a hidden technician menu you could try using. The method of starting it varies from one TV to another and some models don't have it at all so I can't advise on your particular model. As the TV is not usable, you have nothing to lose by experimenting, if there is a hidden menu and you can activate it, it may re-program the EEPROM for you.

A good place to start trying is to hold down the control buttons on the TV while switching it on. For example, hold down the 'volume+' while switching on, you may have to try all combinations of buttons, one at a time or several at once and try leaving them pressed for a few seconds before releasing them. Some models require you to press a sequence of keys on the remote control, for example 'up', 'down', 'brightness+', 'volume-', 'mute', a sequence it would be very unlikely for a user to find by accident. I stress, each model is different so don't take those examples as ones that will work for you!

Brian.

Thank you so much Brian,

I'll try as you said "Some models require you to press a sequence of keys on the remote control, for example 'up', 'down', 'brightness+', 'volume-', 'mute', a sequence it would be very unlikely for a user to find by accident. I stress, each model is different so don't take those examples as ones that will work for you! "
I Replaced the EEPROM IC with data,but still there is a problem, after 5-6 time switch on-off the tv, then the tv will getting ON , sometime up to 10 times we should on-off the tv (even old IC also was same problem) the tv will getting ON, I think there is no problem in IC , I want to check the voltage in IC, but how to check eeprom ic? where should be the red and black multimeter wire in IC , how much should the dc volt ? please help me sir.....

Crt tv showing eeprom error please help me

Dear friends,
Thanks to all for your helping to others.!!!!!!!!!! I need your help, My 14" CRT TV Showing EEPROM ERROR (I have attach a image of that) , I would like to replace the EEPROM IC and I Replaced the EEPROM IC with data, but still there is the problem, But one thing, If I on - off the power switch after 5 or 6 time then the tv will getting ON , sometime up to 10 times we should on-off the Power switch (even old IC also was same problem) the tv will getting ON. Sometime never on the TV, but standby light will be on.
What to do ? please help me in this case .............. Thanks in advance to all experts .......IMG_20151001_214952.jpg

We can tell you where to measure voltages but there are many different types of EEPROM and the connections to the pins are not standard. Can you tell us what type number the EEPROM is, or better still, post a close-up photograph so we can see the shape and numbers on it.

Brian.

Yes Sir, Thank for your interest to help me ..... the image I have attached. But the ic number is different, the ic number is like this

This is eeprom ic (8 pin) number
ISSI-648
2416A-3P

The Microprocessor is number is
LA76931S 7N
58Y4

I got service code the for the ic of micro processor number
LA76931S 7N
58Y4

but my problem is I changed the EEPROM IC which is 8 pin (That I have mention that number of 2416A-3P), first time the tv logo is came (like the brand name BPL or Samsung) but after switch off the tv and on again after sometime its coming , the same problem "EEPROM ERROR" That's why I asked the problem will be in IC voltage (how to check pls help me), some persons saying I have to change the the big IC which one is Microprocessor........ what to do? please help me....... (sorry for my poor english grammer).**broken link removed**

2416 is a standard 16K bit EEPROM device, measuring voltages on it will not help because apart from the supply pins (pin 4 = 0V and pin 8 = 5V) the other voltages are changing all the time and so rapidly that a normal meter will not be able to follow them.

I found this, it might help but each TV is different, worth trying though:
1. Press MENU button on the remote control firstly, then the press RECALL button three times
sequentially to enter FACTORY MENU.
2. Press P+ or P- button on the remote control to select test item.
3. Press V+ or V- button on the remote control to adjust the value of selected item.
4. Press RECALL button again to exit FACTORY MENU.

FACTORY MENU 00
H-PHASE 11
OSD-H-POSITION 25
V-SIZE 82
V-POSITION 1
V-LINEARRITY 22
V-SC 4
V-KILL 0
SUB-BRIGHT 85
RF-AGC AUTO 25

FACTORY MENU 01
H-BLK-L 1
H-BLK-R 2
TUNER 0-3 Q Q2 A A2 0
VOL LINEAR MEASURE 1
B-Y DC LEVEL 11
R-Y DC LEVEL 10
B-Y DC LEVEL-YUV 6
R-Y DC LEVEL-YUV 6

FACTORY MENU 02
RED-BIAS 117
GREEN-BIAS 134
BLUE-BIAS 153
RED-DRIVE 99
GREEN-DRIVE 10
BLUE-DRIVE 92

OPTION MENU 00
BACK COVER OPTION 0
Q-ASM OPTION 0
OPT-AV-SYSTEM 0
Y-IN 0:p48 1:p54 1
OPT-YUV 0
LANGUAGE SW CE 1
ENG 0 : CH 1 0
ONLY ENG AND TAI 0

OPTION MENU 01
LV1116 OPT 0
AUDIO SW 1
SIF6.5M 1
SIF6.0M 1
SIF5.5M 1
SIF4.5M 1

Try it and see. Be very careful if you measure voltages inside the TV, the way many are designed, what looks like the 0V (ground) line is actually carrying a high voltage which poses a very real risk of electrocution.

Brian.

Thanks Brian,

When should I do like this ? the tv is showing eeprom error ?
one more thing I have to tell you even i got service code for LA76931S 7N microprocessor IC (The big IC) it was worked for my TV, Now you are given me that 2416 EEPROM IC service code. But now the TV not at all ON, only the EEPROM ERROR is showing ...... what to do ?

The service menu should be usable even if the error is showing. The way it works is the LA76931 'talks' to the 2416 to ask it for information it has stored inside it and it can also tell the 2416 to store new data. The data is used to configure the LA76931 to work in the way the TV manufacturer intended, the IC can be used in many different models and the data ensures it works correctly for your particular version. It also stores the data needed to hold the station tuning so you can change channel without having to turn a tuning knob each time.

The numbers I posted to you are the ones you should start with in the new 2416 you fitted. They may not be exactly the right numbers but they should be good enough to get you started. When you have it working and there is a picture, you can adjust the values to optimize it.

Brian.

EEPROM ERROR means CPU can't find the EEPROM ic, maybe there is some broken link of serial clock or serial data.

Thanks brian I try the way as you said
1 Press MENU button on the remote control firstly, then the press RECALL button three times sequentially to enter FACTORY MENU.
2. Press P+ or P- button on the remote control to select test item.
3. Press V+ or V- button on the remote control to adjust the value of selected item.
4. Press RECALL button again to exit FACTORY MENU.

But it's not working , I was tried more times, but no result. But I found the service code for LA76931S-7N 58Y4 (CTV - 14" -KSA)
SERVICE DATA SANYO UOC MONO WITH FS TUNER SOUND O/P: 6.5W RMS
BRAND: BPL LA76931S-7N 58Y4
CRT - SAMTEL- A34LEX10X,& DY - V TYPE
How to in service mode
1. Make volume level to zero either by remote or panel. Press MENU Key by remote and feed code by pressing diredt no. key on the remote 6964, You get display FECTORY in red colour . Now repeat the same procedure 2nd time to get display of B/W balance.
2. Repeat the same procedure 3rd time you will get display MENU 0 to MENU 19 for all adjustment.
3. To select MENU 0 to MENU 19 , press menu &feed the code 6568 by pressing direct no. key. Press MUTE key repeatedly to view all MENU pages.
Note: New Micon with big Tamil Logo Size.
After on the tv I tried factory setting like mention above, press the menu button and type the direct numbers of 6964 the factory came in red colour, again I do like that I got B/W Balacne, The third time I got menu items 0-19 and I adjusted everything.....
after switch off the TV and On again the same EEPROM ERROR is showing, someone suggested me check the dc volt in eeprom IC, how to check the dc volt in multimeter where should be keep the red wire and black wire, how much should I set the dc volt in multimeter ? please help me friends.........
Note when I replaced the new EEPROM IC that first time I got the Logo of New Micon with big Tamil Logo Size. after switch off the TV then the same error was showing ''EEPROM ERROR" and the logo was not come again......

- - - Updated - - -

EEPROM ERROR means CPU can't find the EEPROM ic, maybe there is some broken link of serial clock or serial data.

Thanks brother, how to check the broken link of serial clock using multimeter, can you help me .....

As I said, you can't measure the serial clock or data lines with a multimeter. The only voltage you can measure is between pin 4 and pn 8. Put the black wire on pin 4, red wire on pin 8 and set your meter to a range of 10V to 20V DC (the ranges are different on each model of meter so I can't tell what is on yours). You should measure 5V although it will work if the voltage is anywhere between about 4.75V and 5.25V.

*** BE VERY CAREFUL *** although there is only 5V across the multimeter wires, one could be at 300V and the other 305V or any other high voltage, do not touch ANY other part of the TV or any other object nearby while taking the measurment, it could kill you, you don't get a second chance!

The signal pins carry voltage that change at very high speed, maybe 100,000 times a second or more so your multimeter has no chance of following them. You need a device called an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer to see the signals - both very expensive!

Brian.

Thanks Brian Sir,

The EEPROM IC is like this
1 U 8
2 7
3 6
4 5

or

8 U 1
7 2
6 3
5 4
like this ? , Ok , I will check the dc volt between 4th and 8th pin, in multimeter i'll keep 20v dc and I wont touch any other items, thank you to take care of me.....

Looking at the top of the IC with the pins facing away from you:
2416.jpg

The black wire goes to GND and the red wire goes to VCC.

Brian.

Yes I understand right now, as your attached image Thank you so much sir,
Yesterday Evening after reaching my home, I switch on the TV it was on , without dish cable its showing pink colour and in the left side corner the number 6 is came (I have attached a image pls find) after connecting the dish cable the TV was worked normal, Today Morning I switch on the TV, It's not getting ON. The same error EEPROM ERROR, One thing I don't know, why sometime the TV is getting without any problem, but sometime the ERROR is showing, Today evening I will find the dc volt IN IC as you said. If suppose the voltage is higher than 5 volt or lower than 4 volt, Then what should I do? which components i have to check ? IMG_20151006_213112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back