Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Examples/books on using Bluetooth dongle on Platform SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkjason

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Window XP Platform SDK

I want to write an software application for file transfer using bluetooth dongle under window xp. It's seem that it can be done using Platform SDK, but i am not familiar with using this SDK. Can anyone give some examples or books on using bluetooth dongle on Platform SDK?

Re: Window XP Platform SDK

You can use the Platform SDK to access a hardware peripheral, provided that the peripheral has a system driver installed.

If you don't have a driver for your bluetooth module then you must either obtain one from the vendor or write your own if you made the module yourself. This is done using the Windows DDK. There are User Mode driver toolkits available too.

Then once you have a driver you can use the Platform SDK I/O functions to communicate with the dongle.

- Jayson

Re: Window XP Platform SDK

I am trying to get my PC to connect to bluetooth devices through the winsock API and have followed the guide found at MSDN, but when I try to create a "bluetooth socket" I get the 10047 WSAEAFNOSUPPORT error.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the bluetooth socket to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back