Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can photonic bandgap completely shift to higher wavelength

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehan459

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two questions. Number one is i am performing experiment with hexagonal lattice and when i produce defect by removing the central hexagon in structure bandgap shifts completely to higher wavelengths.*I could not find the theoretical explanation.*I am looking for some paper reference or if you can explain theory behind this.

Secondly my structure has complex permittivity and i am using mpb to find photonic band structures. Can i relate the simulations with real permittivity to the one with complex permittivity. How much is the change with complex permittivity. Will the mid band gap frequency also shift or just the band gap will be squeezed. Thanks

Can photonic bandgap completely shift to higher wavelength by producing big defect in PC structure? -

Number one is i am performing experiment with hexagonal lattice and when i produce defect by removing the central hexagon in structure bandgap shifts completely to higher wavelengths.*I could not find the theoretical explanation.*I am looking for some paper reference or if you can explain theory behind this.

You're right, that shouldn't happen. How large is your lattice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back