Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup and Hold Fix after postRoute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenambo

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

Is there any special commands for fixing Setup and Hold violations after post Route.

optDesign doesn't looks good and it couldn't optimize the design.

so I think I have to use setOptMode to set some values.. But I dont know the exact parameters. Can anyone Please Help me?

thanks

Hi

Try from gui mode,there are many options to explore,you can use whatever u want there for your design.

Hi

thanks for the comment but the options also not worked for me. While running optDesign there was only less number of instances are added and deleted so that i think I am not getting any improvement in timing.

So I think I should use some other options. and I dont Know which are the best methods to use to resolve the fore mentioned problem.

I think the nets are fixed but I don't know exactly. Do you think I have to run ECO again.

Thanks

Hi kenambo

If there is any timing issue problem why dont u go back and check floorplanning and placement ?

for timing fix

have u used ecochangecell and ecoaddrepeater for setup and hold fixes??

Hi All
Is there any special commands for fixing Setup and Hold violations after post Route.
thanks

You have to deal with them separately. The standard practice in ASIC/SoC designing is to fix all setup violations before the PnR stage and let the layout engineers fix the hold violations during the PnR stage.

According to the error you are currently having, go back to the relevant development flow stage and fix the problems.

Hi

Actually I already fixed the timing till POST CTS stage. After that I did nanoRoute. then when I gave timeDesign -postRoute command I got these timing violations.

So I am in the middle of nowhere to spot the reason. Anyway I am checking from first. But I think there must something I am missing.

thanks

Hi

Generally after routing and extracting rc values for the nets,u have to concentrate on timing fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back