Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPICE D Flip Flop hold rise (it rises and fall back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, recently I tried to simulate d-flip flop in HSPICE. I follow steps from this website (https://wenku.baidu.com/view/7843ef0bbb68a98271fefac4). I try to implement it in my netlist and it worked except for hold rise. I cant figure what's the problem, is it my code or the d-flip flop is acting weird.

Here's the screenshot of the waveforms:
help.jpg

And my HSPICE code for bisection method:
Code:
.tran 1f 10n sweep optimize=opt1 result=clk_to_q model=optmod
.model optmod opt method=passfail
.param t_hold=opt1(1.0ns, '-1.0*t_setup+trf_data+1fs', 1.0ns)

.measure tran clk_to_q
+ trig v(CK) val='v(vdd)/2.0' rise=1
+ targ v(Q) val='v(vdd)/2.0' rise=1
+ pushout_per=0.1 upper

So my question, is it my d-flip flop got problem or my code? Is there any way to maintain the output voltage so that it stays at high until end?

Thanks.

hi,
i guess some problem with your code, send the code of d flipflop. the code which you have attached does not contain line related to d flipflop

At first sight, it looks like a trivial setup or hold time violation. Did you check with setting d earlier and holding it longer?

The problem is the setup time. I use pushout 1% during simulation of setup time, then when I used back value I get to calculate hold time the output will be same as the picture.

So I ran the simulation again without any pushout, means the max time for setup time. Used that value for hold time which gave me the stable output. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back