Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is range of wifi depends on both devices or only one

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomosta

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is the connection between wireless devices depends on both devices range or only one (the higher or lower)

for example i have a router with range 1km and a laptop with newtwork card 150m

Is the range of wifi connection (the range i can connect to the router) depends on the range of router (1 km) or the laptop(150 m) ?

Range will be short if: (a) transmitter is weak, or (b) receiver has low sensitivity.

The antenna makes the most difference when sending or receiving. There is no easy way to make up for a poor antenna.

What can we change in the router? About the only thing I've seen that I can change, is how secure is the antenna's threaded connector.

I have a laptop in which I installed a wifi card. It did not come with an antenna. I made an antenna from a short length of wire. Its range is only 10 feet. It is inefficient at sending and receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.