Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compute magnetic plasma frequency of a metamaterials

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidyoung

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found a lot of papers extract permeability of a metamaterial slab based on the Lorentz models. However, I cannot find a paper introduce how to decide plasma frequency in magnetic field. The only thing I get is an equation used in Split ring resonators which relate it with a filling factor as wp^2=Fw^2. But I don't use SPP in my design. Does anyone know how I calculate the plasma frequency with a given geometric models and Inductance? Or any other method to complete it?

See papers such as "Volumetric layered transmission-line metamaterial exhibiting a negative refractive index".

If you have a transmission line model, you can compute it knowing the host TL properties and the loading component values -- what kind of unit cell structure are you using?

I am using a structure as shown in picture, 1.PNG. It is a 3D unit cell with multilayers of coils in series.

Dr. Grbic's research group works with similar 3D structures, maybe start there?

The structure in "A Broadband Three-Dimensionally Isotropic Negative-Refractive-Index Medium" looks similar, perhaps start your search there? There aren't equations in that paper, but you should be able to find them elsewhere.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back