Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circularly Polarized Patch Antenna: Axial Ratio coming out poor at larger angles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guruditya Sinha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Scenario

I have been trying to get a patch antenna designed with a circular polarization for axial ratio < 2dB between the +/- 70 degrees. The axial ratio is quite good upto +/-50 degrees. After that, it goes to 4dB axial ratio. The gain is not really a concern anymore, as that has been optimized.

The patch is a truncated probe fed patch antenna.

Query:
Was hoping to know if there are any suggestions/design inputs on how I could improve the axial ratio for angles upto +/-70 degrees.

Hi,
Scenario

I have been trying to get a patch antenna designed with a circular polarization for axial ratio < 2dB between the +/- 70 degrees. The axial ratio is quite good upto +/-50 degrees. After that, it goes to 4dB axial ratio. The gain is not really a concern anymore, as that has been optimized.

The patch is a truncated probe fed patch antenna.

Query:
Was hoping to know if there are any suggestions/design inputs on how I could improve the axial ratio for angles upto +/-70 degrees.

As you approach the horizon, horizontal polarization gets shorted leaving only vertical. Even vertical gets curtailed if ground plane is finite.

Hi,
I have tried various methods. Can you direct me to a good resource for a AR<3dB for the Patch antenna?
Really finding too many dead ends. :/

Regards
Guruditya Sinha.

try to tuncate ur cornerss or add stubss...or u can try adding slot in ceneter opf patchh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back