Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smallest font - covered vias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm doing a very dense RF layout with a lot of ground stitching vias. My normal practice is to use true type font Arial 45 mils. If I specify DLP process instead of silkscreen method this seems to make for legible designators as long as I don't place the designators on top of vias.

Can I place the designators on top of vias and expect good legibility if I specify covered vias?

I've done as low as 40 mil size and 8 mil trace widths for component overlays, also over vias. For stitching vias it doesn't really matter, but don't do it for signal vias: it adds unpredictable capacitance and eliminates the advantage of using the via as a test point in the production process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back