Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie - Tha path of a mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonsc

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I'm a newbie in Microwave Propagation. Would like to find out more about something simple. Hope you guys don't mind. Err.r...sorry if this question sounds dumb :)

Was just wondering, how does the range of a mobile phone operating in an enclosed building works. Something like how do we know or determine the operating range of a mobile phone in a building to an aerial?

I've read a few aspects about loss budget in a path and so on. Am I right to say that there are many forms or kinds of loss factors that needs to be considered in the path between the mobile phone and the aerial? Aerial as in the receiver or station somewhere outside building.

I think I might sound a little unclear with my doubts. A newbie here. I will try asking again if my doubts are not being stated clearly here. Ok ok, something like...in a building, a user using mobile phone. How does the communication path or the wave between the mobile phone and the receiver station occur?

Sorry if I'm asking nonsense. Thanks in advance.

Hello

MObile phone use the cell methode e.g. each phone whenoperated connected by the network to the neerst cell

The mobile phone output power is controlled by the network upon the distance from the neerst cell e.g - as far as you are locted from the cell the network will tell your mobile to produce more output power or transfer you to neerst locted cell

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back