Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] STM32 Compiler and debugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashad

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am new and wanted to use STM32 & STM8 micro controller. Kindly suggest me among the following tools which one is more power.

1. Keil UVision
2. Atollic

Thanks

Botha have support only for STM32. Atolic is gased on Eclipse & GNU GCC, Keil is using their own compiler. Both have free license with limit of 32K. But if you are using STM32F0, you can get free unlimited license for Keil. For STM8 you can use SDCC which is free.

Reactions: ashad

ashad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for your detail reply. I am planing to buy the Pro version of any one of the violable software. I am new this is the reason I asked. which one is better
1. Atollic
2. Keil
3. IAR

I have licenses for both KEIL and IAR, while both are certainly good products, I prefer KEIL and use it for both ARM and 8051 variant development.

As ARM, Ltd owns or has controlling interest in KEIL, you can rest assured KEIL products have the edge on support of the latest ARM core architectures.

IAR offers compiler support for a wider range of devices, including the TI MSP430, Renesas RX and RL78, Freescale Coldfire, etc, although each toolset requires a separate license.

Of course, licensing costs are certainly to be considered as their pricing can be quite high, KEIL does offer a free limited code size version which is more than ample for many projects as does IAR and most compiler toolset vendors.

I believe KEIL has the lead as far as user base numbers, therefore when a programmer/debugger device is released on the market, it almost always comes with driver support for the KEIL uVision IDE.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back