Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with low RF signal on CRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebs

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Low RF signal on CRO ?

Hi,
i made an Oscillator and to check its functioning i connected it to an Oscilloscope.
I coudn't get a proper wave form.

The reason i thought was that CRO has an input impedance of 1 Mega Ohms.
And my oscillator gives an output of around 300 mv (and with modified design 3V)
Is this the reason ?
What else could be the reason ?
And what are the ways to overcome this ?

Thanks !

Re: Low RF signal on CRO ?

Input impedance of the oscilloscope and it's sensitivity is not the cause you could't get propper waveform. Check the frequency of the oscillator and compare it with the maximum frequency that oscilloscope can display. Correct waveform is shown if max. frequency of oscilloscope is at least 5-10 times higher than observed frequency. If this ratio is smaller you will see kind of filtered signal, sine signal, sine signal with reduced amplitude or nothing. But firs make shure your oscillator is oscillating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back