Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback Transformer design

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartekus

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i need to make flyback converter, i used online program of STmicroelectronics for it.
But transformer design part wasnt clear to me.
-i couldnt see EE60 in farnell, i guess i will use twice E type. parameters giving on the picture, they belong to only one E type or they are sum of two E ferrite?

- About wire, i couldnt find any wire on the design, how can i measure, which cables would be used instead?

i saw some cables with 600strands inside, but its isolation was different than transformator cable.

Thank you
Regards

Attachments

• flyback_transformer.PNG
    flyback_transformer.PNG
    168.3 KB · Views: 118

EE60 refers to two E60 core halves. They are usually sold as a pair.
You will also need a plastic bobbin to go with that which is not usually included when you buy the ferrite core halves.

The specification calls for multi strand litz type wire, and it tells you the size, the manufacturer, and the part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.