Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose dimensions of microstrip between 2 components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Microstrip in ads

in ads simulations,i saw that two componts are connected by microstrip,but when i simulate a circuit,i only use a wire.i want to konw,how to represent the wire with a microstrip,how to choose the width and the length of the microstrip between two componts.thanks

Re: Microstrip in ads

please make your question more clear.

anyway if you run ADS and open an schematic page, then you can go to microstrip library and select Mlin and place in the sch and change the w and l to what you want.

ok.
u konw ,in the low frequency PCB,the wire between two components is only a wire,its width and length have little effect on the circuit.but in the RF PCB,we should take them into account,so i want to konw how to choose its width and length?ok?thank u

there are some standard formulae that provide width & length of a microstrip depending on the type of substrate used, the thickness of the copper cladding. These are for higher frequencies. To answer your question, the width of your track will depend on how much dc current is going to flow through.. go to rogers website and they've got a calculator for this purpose. It also accounts for the temperature.

In RF circuits transmission line networks are used to connect circuit stages with certain matching characteristics (microstrip , co planner WG,... ).
No wires are used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back