Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Free or low cost GUI Development Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am working on temperature controller for home appliances automation. Using MSP430 as microcontroller. I wan to use touch screen and a facny type GUI for this project. Can i get ideas which software i should use to design/develop GUI and what touch LCDs i can use. The software should be either free or low cost.

Thanks,
Dani

is the gui dev and touchscreen sw reqd for a pc which controls msp430 or for msp430 alone ?

srizbf,

PC is not involved. I am looking for GUI library + software form embedded systems. Microcontroller used is MSp430.

Any good suggestions?

Hi Dani,
uGUI written by Achim Dobler is a open source GUI in portable C and came with a good documentation in PDF format
It seem easy to adapt for any MCU and any display type and size.
I do not remember the download link but you can find it easily searching on the web.

Reactions: dani

dani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello!

The problem with portable code is that the more it is portable, the less it is understandable.
Myriads of ifdefs, etc. In case of a large color screen, yes, it makes sense to reuse a lot of
existing code. But in case of (for example) a 128 x 64 black & white LCD. If you're using
a MSP430, I guess you don't drive a VGA display but more likely a small size, probably
black & white display. I think the best is to write your GUI yourself. It's not that hard, and
you can quickly get something that works well and which is adapted to what you do.

Dora.

Reactions: dani

dani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks everyone.

As per your posts, my previous experience and some search i have short listed following. Few of them are costly. Can anyone suggest some low cost options or even free.

1. https://www.mikroe.com/visualglcd/
Support mikroElektronika compilers only: mikroC, mikroBasic and mikroPascal, for all suported MCU architectures: PIC, dsPIC30/33, PIC24, PIC32, ARM and AVR

2. https://www.embeddedlightning.com/ugui/
Open Source GUI module for embedded systems

3. **broken link removed**
µGFX is an embedded library for Displays andTouchscreens

4. easyGUI: Embedded GUI Graphics Software

5. https://www.segger.com/emwin-guibuilder.html

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.