Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequently I can't get in ("Waiting for EDA board") and when I do get in I can't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Frequently I can't get in ("Waiting for EDA board") and when I do get in I can't post

It is getting more frequent and is such a nuisance that maybe I will not come here any more.
Earlier this evening then tonight at about 21:55PM, Eastern Daylight Time, it lasted for about 20 minutes.

Re: Frequently I can't get in ("Waiting for EDA board") and when I do get in I can't

I don't know if these have anything to do with the problems, but when I use my phone and I don't have it in mobile style the two slowest loading items that stall the page are the facebook connect button showing up and the Part and Inventory Search panel on the left side of the page. Everything else seems to load very quickly, and when I use the mobile style it never seems to hang.

Re: Frequently I can't get in ("Waiting for EDA board") and when I do get in I can't

My computer runs Wndows 8 and Internet Explorer 11. All other sites work perfectly but the problem here is getting worse and is intermittent. My browser says, "Waiting for EDA Board" for a few minutes to an hour or two. I must save a reply in case a frequent outage occurs while I post a reply to a thread.

Audioguru... just sent you a PM trying to resolve. The one I'm curious on is what your traceroute comes back as. I don't have a Windows 8 / IE 11 computer to test on... to see if it's an IE issue. :|

NO problems here Audioguru, but I can diagnose the cause by teamviewer if you like.

OCcasionally I get router connection failures on Wifi with a strong signal and this has more to do with the router's ability to handle internet "noise" and drop these packets quickly after inspection.

Perhaps it is a problem with the LiquidWeb but I have no evidence of a problem here. Since it appears to be isolated, I can help fix it.

Try Chrome, Firefox and any others you should have for backup in case of problems and report back.
If you wish a detailed analysis by remote, I've done hundreds and hundreds of these probono.

Since my MS Internet Explorer 11 browser works fine on every other web site then I do not want to get another browser.
EDA board has works fine for me all day today but when it is bad the next time I will check its journey to me and I will see where the problem is located. But since my browser says, "Waiting for EDA Board" then I think the problem is a defective server with EDA Board.

Possibly... can you run the trace route command? Not even sure if you can do that on Windows 8.

Windows 8 traceroute **broken link removed**

I've totally given up with Microsoft Internet Explorer, I found myself spending an inordinate amount of valuable time troubleshooting various issues.

I keep an update copy of it installed, solely for the purposes of conducting sysadmin related tasks which require Internet Explorer when working with other Microsoft tools and interfaces.

I've since migrated to Mozilla Firefox, which I typically have 400 to 500 tabs open simultaneous without any issues.

And I might add, when closed, successfully and quickly reopens with all the previously opened tabs.

BigDog

Websites which test quality of internet hookup

Handy websites which test quality of your internet connection.

They perform live tests of ping time and jitter, to websites convenient to your location. (It may also be able to test packet loss.)

https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

www.pingtest.net

(pingtest requires that your computer have Java installed.)

Re: Websites which test quality of internet hookup

my personal fav is SpeedTest.net

use that almost every day.

Traceroute on Windows 8 is to run cmd then at the command prompt, type "tracert ".
I did it (when EDA Board works normally) and it said (rogers is my internet provider):

Attachments

• tracert edaboard.png
    tracert edaboard.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 143

@audioguru
WHat is the average rate and duration of this issue?
Is it at random times? If not what might be occurring at same time?

1) run>msinfo32 (enter) then File>Save>(type your alias for filename) which saves as .NFO file (info file)
then send to me at tony.sunnysky(at)gmail.com

I cannot get into EDA Board randomly maybe every 2 or 3 days. The "outage" causes my MS Internet Explorer 11 to say, "Waiting for EDA board" for a few seconds up to an hour or two. I can visit other websites normally while I am waiting for EDA Board.
It is so bad and frequent that I need to save all my replies before pressing the "post" button because an outage occurred during many of my previous replies and the replies did nothing and were lost.

msinfo32 gives me a huge system summary. It has many items that I know nothing about.

Maybe there is a problem with your ISP's DNS have you tried using another DNS like google's public one to test to see if that is the issue?

Also can you test with a different computer perhaps a Linux system to see if it's a system issue with your machine (though I suspect it's not your machine)?

msinfo32 gives me a huge system summary. It has many items that I know nothing about.

I know how to read logs, fix windows, make it run better. The file wasn't for you, it was for me, but that's only if you want help.

I can't imagine not having a spare browser on any computer. It's like having a second opinion on isolating a problem on a site. Each browser has site specific filters or it could be a common filter, or it could be an addon, or many things that I know how to analyze.

Another useful log is Hijackthis.

Status
Not open for further replies.