Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to limit current to max 0.6A when voltage 230VAC, for inductive load,

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartekus

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i have an inductive load, i will control output amplitude with triac. so output will change 230VAC-0V.
Resistors doesnt have enough power, resistors which has are too expensive.

does anyone know how can i do it?
thank you

Look at "Lamp Dimmer" circuits on the internet.These circuits are used to dim the lamp light by decreasing the voltage accross the lamp.There are also dimming IC circuits for this purpose.ICs are better in terms of wide range voltage adjustment.

thanks your answer.

i need to control output with microcontrol with respect to sensor data.

I have also other question.
i have inductive load, i dont know inductance of it. when i measure resistance of it, i read 30 ohm on multimeter.

when i measure outputcurrent, should i use 30ohm too. or i should ignore it, because it belongs to inductive load?

thanks your answer.

i need to control output with microcontrol with respect to sensor data.

I have also other question.
i have inductive load, i dont know inductance of it. when i measure resistance of it, i read 30 ohm on multimeter.

when i measure outputcurrent, should i use 30ohm too. or i should ignore it, because it belongs to inductive load?

The multimeter reading is a DC resistance but you have to know the inductance of this load.Then You should absolutely use the impedance defined as Z=R+jX here X=2*PI*f*L to get the right AC current with phase.
If you want to use uC, there should be a DAC to generate DC voltage to control the Triac but it's not easy because control gate of the triac must be isolated well to protect uC otherwise a small leak will blow-up the uC.Consider well the interface circuit, this is important.

Thnk you Frank,

0.6A will be max current.
it will change with coming data of sensor.
it will start like ~0.5A then will go to zero in seconds.
(without DAC i thought to do it)
i thought to do it with firing angle, when it approach 0A i will stop triggering with the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back