Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find a critical path and what software to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engurucuklu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
exploring critical path

Hi,
i am beginner as below shown.

I want to find "critical path" but i can't accomplish. I have these programs: Altera quartus 4.1 WE, Silos2001 demo, TimingTool and HSpice.
Can One of these (restricted) programs have ability of solving this issue. If yes.
How can i do this?
On the other hand, is there another program that explores critical path.

Thanks in advance.

exploring critical path

usually synthesis tools are used to report and explore the critical paths. The tools u mentioned(silos,hspice,timingtool) cant be used for this purpose. Once u synthesis your RTL code with Altera Quartus you can explore the netlist schematic and critical path with the tool.

regards

Re: exploring critical path

u can use leonardo spectrum to synthesis ur RTL and then obtain the critical path.. thats the basic synthsis tool that u can use to obtain the desired.

with regards,

Re: exploring critical path

ur synthesis tool tell about the timing infromation about ur RTL code, when it synthesize the RTL
u have to identify the longest path in ur design that is causing the critical path,
the tool quatrus will sove the need, synthesis tool is the one whose first predicts the critical path in the design flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back