Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

150-200W, 150-300V AC I/P and i need 220-to-230V AC O/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardik.patel

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,

My sir has given me task to design SMPS as per below specification :

I/P : 150-200W, 150-300V
Desired O/P : 220-to-230V

(So far i had idea/experience about 230v to DC by rectification+filter+voltage regulation IC, but the i/p range is totally unknown to me..)

About Specific application i had no idea.

So if i need to proceed in this, please guide me.

Regards

Input is AC. Output is AC.

Input V ranges above or below desired output V.

In an ideal world you would use a transformer which can be adjusted to step up or down. There is a lot of demand for just such a device.

Wouldn't it be great if someone could figure out how to do it? There's a fortune to be made.

As a practical suggestion for here and now...

You might consider a buck-boost converter, to convert a higher or lower supply input, to 330VDC (peak voltage of 230VAC which is your desired output).

Follow this with an H-bridge running sine PWM, to produce 230VAC.

This sounds as if it is supposed to be an ac voltage regulator set to 225 volts nominal output, with a +/- five volt line/load tolerance on the output.

The fairly narrow power range also suggests it is required to work with just one particular load.

How about a ferroresonant constant voltage transformer ?
Pretty certain it would be possible to meet that 2:1 input voltage specification without requiring any electronics at all to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.