Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cst cable studio h-field coaxial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halos

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I am working a project with CST Cable Studio for my university. I am new in the CST software and I would like to know how can I change the way the H-field is displayed. I would appreciate your help :)!

I have this: res.PNG

And I would like to have a display like: wanted.PNG

Looking at the plots, it seems that the second plots shows a radiating structure (alternating of minima and maxima in field) and the first plot shows the normal field decay of a non-radiating structure. So the structure is different.

It's the same file (same project) and I would like after simulation to get a result like the one I show in the picture. Do you know how to make the simulation to do that?

I managed to find it some weeks ago. I post it just in case someone ever has the same problem.
What I wanted was to make the space of the simulation larger, to do so you have to go at the Modeling tab and there you will find Background option from which you can change the surrounding space in all direction (x,y,z). Of course changing the surrounding space will raise your Meshcells and that means longer simulation times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back