Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is booming aspect in the case of traffic light controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

arava prakash

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
any one of you please give me the current research in the case of implementation of traffic light controlling in now a days

I get the feeling they have been adding more sensors in the system, to detect the number of cars waiting in each lane (including the left-turn lane).

I suppose it's for certain there is a computerized device making decisions at the busier intersections.

What I often wish is for is that the system would hurry up and give me a green left arrow, when I can plainly see no traffic is coming from the opposite direction. Yet it shines a red light stopping me from making my left turn.
The system would need a sensor, extremely sensitive so it could see a quarter-mile down the road. I suppose something like a radar system could do the job.

It certainly was a major advance, when traffic lights were outfitted to pick up a radio signal from approaching emergency vehicles, so that lights immediately turn green to let the vehicle get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back