Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] 4 digit seven segment display for two purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjiv365

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have project in which i want to use 7 segment for two purpose,
1.. for display to set value
2.. for show adc value
how can i get it

but i want to use only one button to increment as well as for the toggle btween adc and ssd.
if button pressed set value will inc and blink thrice after that it will show adc value
and after all that i have to compare these two values and turn on led(after succes in led i need to use relay over the led)
hows it gone be????
i am ready for adc and ssd inc but dont kno how to do further..

You have to display data in two different modes and use Timer interrupts. If you want I will write a program for you. Which MCU you want to use? PIC, AVR, 8051 ? What crystal frequency will you use ?

- - - Updated - - -

You have to use a button to toggle the display mode. If button status is 0 then adc value is deisplayed and if button is pressed then button status will be 1 and it will display set value.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of display (Common Cathode or Common Anode) you want to use ? Do you want to display integer data (ADC value) or floating point value ? Can you use MAX7219 type 8 digit 7 segment display which uses SPI for communication ?

Status
Not open for further replies.