Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Problem with LED driver or LED Switching ON and OFF very fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit Ghadigaonkar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have purchased an LED Driver for fountain musical lights application but it get damaged within one or two days.I am unable to find exact problem in the system.I am switching LEDs with Solid State Relays.So my question is there problem with LED driver or with the Solid State relay switching which causes problem?

LED driver is of
1. 230V RMS ac input
2. 4W ,0.7A current output
3.3 LEDs in series

Hi,

most probably the LED driver works as current source.

when the LED is disconnected (solid state relay open) then the voltage rises to it´s maximum.
When now then solidstate relay switches on there may be high current until the voltage is down to its normal value.

So either the high voltage causes the problem, or the high current peak.

Klaus

so,please tell me the solution is there need to change in driver or SSR should be replaced with other component to have normal working?

Hi,

either you need to switch your LED driver on primary side, or you need another LED driver with some "enable" input.

Klaus

Check the specification of your LED's also. It has to match with your LED driver drive strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back