Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tapered Waveguide in HFSS Port 2: Both endpoints of port lines must lie on the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crodriguez33

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am solving a tapered waveguide using waveports. Port 1 is located on the bottom face of the coax and Port 2 at the end face of the taper. When solving I get a series of errors involving Port 2:
Port '2': Both endpoints of port lines must lie on the port.
Port '2': Length of port lines must be greater than zero.
Port '2': Assignment contains entities that do not exist in the model.
I am not exactly sure what they mean. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Coax_WG_Taper_Port2.PNG

Hi crodriguez33,

Based on your simulation image, everything looks OK. I would make sure that the alignment of the power with the waveguide is exact - i.e., no extremely small overlap somewhere. Also redo the port integration line to be sure as well - it sounds like it may not be exactly in the plane of the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back