Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw antenna's geometry in microsoft Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fly_fish

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ghostwiev

To finish an antenna paper, it is necessary to draw geometry of the antenna in the paper. That means, I must insert an antenna's geometry figure in my article.
I use CST to simulate antenna, which can export DXF format to Autocad. However, it is not easy to translate CST model into Word Figure.
Anyone has other better method ?

If you have Microsoft Visio, then you can import the DXF geometry to Visio, then convert the imported vector CAD-object to standard Visio objects by right-clicking on the CAD-object...

Then you got your own geometry and you an add dimensioning lines and annotations using standard Visio stencils.

Finally, you can export to a wide variety of graphic formats.

The only disadvantage using Visio is that older versions had problems exporting to EPS format, and newer versions simply don't offer EPS exporting (due to unsolved problems)...

Hope this helps.
mogwai.

Thanks a lot for mogwai's reply!

Maybe SmartDraw can do the same job as Visio?

Why you just do not print screen from the CST on the clipboard with <CTRL>+<Alt Gr>+<Print Scr> and than cut the part you want in MS Paint and paste it in Word?

<Print Scr> is just beside the function tasters on almost all PC keyboards.

Dear Debeli, sometimes printing screen is a good idea , sometimes it is not .
I think it is not fit for writing antenna article which is to be published in journals.

You can print your work on Adobe Generic Postscript printer which generates .ps file, open it with Ghostwiev and convert as BMP. BMP can be imported in Word.

fly-fish:

I have never used SmartDraw but i guess that (in theory) it surely can do the same... After all, SmartDraw as I heard has the full functionality of Visio (it even opens .vsd files)...

mog.

There are 2 cst macros available for this - go to macros and then report : powerpoint and word!!!!

aw

why donot use Print Screen and paste to paint and paste to word?!!

Added after 2 minutes:

why donot use Print Screen and paste to paint and paste to word?!!

Hi fly_fish

It Sooooooooo Simple in cst

just go to File -> export -> BMP
you will get what ever you want from your screen in bmp format
and in power point or word import picture ->from file. point the bmp file OK
and thats all.
The bmp files very big so just open them with microsoft painter(in Stat -> Program ->accessories-> Paint) or ACDsee or Photoshop and save them in jpg format and do the above

PL

can i do the same steps for antenna "radiation pattern"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back