Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find FIR filter parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

3- A voltage sweep is given keeping ON/OFF time fixed
I don't understand..

Is fg frequency sync'd to sample frequency of adc?

It seems to me you are mixing up a lot of test steps in your description. Changing channels, voltage and duty cycle within one test step makes no sense. You need fixed values to get a reliable result.

I really try to find out exactely at wich point of test you think you need a fir filter and what you think you gain with it.

Usually there should be a test engineer, who determines the test steps, test conditions and the pass/fail limits.
Is it possible for you to talk to this man? Maybe he can say what filters you need.

Usually for one test step you have fixed and known input conditions.
A description to this could be: square wave 10.00MHz, 0.50V, 3.00V, 25% duty cycle, synced to adc sample frequency, Ch1
Then you need to take a known count of adc samples with a fixed sampling frequency, lets say 50.00MHz.
Then you need to process these data.
Lets say on: low level, high level, maybe others
( with the given input signal it makes no sense to process on: noise, duty cycle, distortion, RMS... the results won't be reliable)

Then there could be the next test step wih 50% duty cycle for example.
Then there could be the next test step wih 25% duty cycle for example but on Ch2.
And so on...

Klaus

yeh what you explained is exactly the same i meant to say

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back