Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FCC certification for nrf24l01+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdxcool

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is nrf24l01+ from Nordic Semiconductors FCC certified ? It is hard to find out from their datasheet whether FCC approved ?
Is it FCC approved ?

If it is approved and I use it in my PCB and control it via my ARM cortex processor, do I need to get the entire PCB board FCC approved ?

Also, I am using sierrra wireless HL series modem chip which is FCC approved. This will also be on my PCB. So, do I have to get my PCB FCC approved again although my modem is FCC approved ?

If it is approved and I use it in my PCB and control it via my ARM cortex processor, do I need to get the entire PCB board FCC approved ?
Yes, FCC approval is required for a product, not a chip. It involves conformance with general EMC regulations and specific radio standards.

Yes, FCC approval is required for a product, not a chip. It involves conformance with general EMC regulations and specific radio standards.

So, that means that even if I use FCC approved chips in my product, I still have to get the whole product FCC approved to sell it in USA ?

I think chip is not FCC approved, because power output can be higher than FCC allows (controlled by registers).
Maybe you can find something on this page about FCC and CE approval, use google translate or something:
**broken link removed**
you can see they mention 0dBm and this for some reason:
Bank0_REG6[2:1]=2
Bank0_REG0[0]=0
regarding FCC and CE..

So, that means that even if I use FCC approved chips in my product, I still have to get the whole product FCC approved to sell it in USA ?

Yes, correct. By definition, there are no "FCC approved chips". Your PCB including the antenna must be certified. And if you change the PCB, it has to be certified again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back