Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the notifications through bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivyaKrishnappa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..

I wanted to connect a bluetooth to an ios android phone. Whenever any call or message received in that smartphone our device should vibrate and LED blink..

How to solve this problem..?

Regards,
Divya..

You need a bluetooth module that is BLE (bluetooth low energy) capable to be able to receive notifications from an android device and Android 4.4 or higher. BLE is different from classic Bluetooth, and I recommend looking it up.

I haven't personally had any success at this, but I do know that there are not a lot of BLE modules out there that are simple to integrate and mostly require the user to incorporate the software for bluetooth (bluetooth stack) inside the host controller.

This is different from most bluetooth projects you may have seen on the web, where serial data is simply passed to a microcontroller using an SPP bluetooth module. I think this will be very challenging if this is your first bluetooth project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back